This entire site started ⓒ September 24, 2010 to present day, and all photographs and text herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by David Thomas, a certified Iyengar yoga instructor. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).

Sep 24, 2010

Corn on the Cob

We all have our way of doing things. For example, when I have a meal with corn on the cob in the menu I always eat the corn separately from the other part of the meal. That’s the way I like to do it. You know, just get in there and chew on that cob. It seems different from the other part of the meal where I would use a fork, knife or maybe chopsticks. You know neither way is right or wrong, it is just the way I like to do it, you could say it’s my nature.

When I practice asanas I do the same thing. Some asanas I just get in there and do them and other ones I might use a block, chair or whatever. It is like eating the corn on the cob where I’m just enjoying the pleasures of taste, texture and smell. It’s not to say that when I do eat with utensils that I don’t enjoy the meal. It’s the same thing when I practice with the use of props. I enjoy it. I find the props give me insights. Props are useful but sometimes you just have to get in there and see what happens without them.

No comments:

Post a Comment